Sunday, June 8, 2014

Derek


Half my life ago, I spent the summer doing community theatre with a scrawny smart assed kid who drove me crazy.  As is usually the case, this irritation grew into friendship.  Through the years he sent me dozens of scripts that I would edit mercilessly, returning with a note signed "XOXO!!!"  Today, a decade and a half later, I took my little boy to his first movie in the theater, written by none other than my oldest and dearest friend.  As Arthur laughed at the witty dialogue (seems those years of editing paid off...), I wondered what those teenagers would think if we told them where they would end up.  I like to think that they'd be pleasantly surprised - especially to know they'd still be friends after all these years.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com