Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy 365



Before they were born, I made the girls these blankets with their nursery fabrics. I imagined wrapping them up in the hospital to meet their brother. Of course their arrival was a bit different than we planned, and these blankets ended up in the NICU hanging over the girls' isolettes making them into a perfect little tent. We would lift them up and peer inside whispering hopes and promises to our tiny babies. The NICU is a scary place even for the parents of the healthiest babies, and our ten day tour was a crash course in patience and trust and luck. Every night when I tuck my big strong healthy girls in under these same blankets, I always flash back to those first days and feel so incredibly, amazingly, unbelievably blessed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com